Call for application
August 1 of current year.
November 1, 2020.
January 17, 2021.
Grant Recipients will be notified by IEEE in March of current year.
- The SKPL Grant has one grant cycle each year.
- Submissions will be accepted beginning November 1, 2020 until January 17, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. Central Time.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
- The applicant must be a Public Library.
- The Grant request is for no more than $2000.
- The Grant is restricted to public libraries located at least partly in the territory of the IEEE-Region 4.
See Region 4 map.
- The grant provides funding to establish a circulating science kit collections program.
- Libraries that already have a circulating science kits collection program are not eligible for this grant.
Libraries awarded funding are expected to:
- Create or purchase science kits each of which consists of equipment, instructions for prepared experiments, and workbooks.
- Include the science kit in their circulating collection.
- Add materials (books, DVDs, etc.) to the circulating collection which support the topics featured in the kits.
- Develop programming for pre-university students (K-12) which promotes the study of science and the use of the science kits.
- Plan for sustaining the project after grant funding is concluded.
- Plan for other public libraries to replicate the results and for teaching best practices to others.
- Cooperate with IEEE on publicity and promotion of the project.
- Tag the science kits stating that funding is provided by the IEEE – Region 4.